Verigreen is built on a culture that embodies innovation, transparency, and continuous improvement. We are working to make social and environmental responsibility an integral part of every product we manufacture, in a manner that respects the needs of our workforce, a global economy and a planet with limited resources.
By Maximising Our Resource Efficiencies:
- No waste production processes – 100% of our production waste is recycled.
- Launch of ‘recycle-ready’ paper box packaging.
- At the forefront of creating compostable “plastic” products in South Africa.
- Shift towards locally sourced materials in our production processes.
- Invested in state-of-the-art technology and extruders to reduce our ratio of kilowatt to tons produced.
- Installed power correction facilities to manage the ratio of wattage coming into the factory and reduce the average power output.
- All lighting changed to LED.
- Installed filters on all manholes throughout our manufacturing facilities to ensure that any spilled plastic pellets do not enter the water system.
- While our product processes do not require large volumes of water, the water we use is stored in chillers in a closed loop system.
- All office plastic is recycled.
- All office paper is recycled.
- All electronics that become outdated are recycled.